SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #353

Aine of Wyvernwood sybella at gte.net
Sun Oct 12 08:51:08 PDT 1997

the way to get around that is to order thru your local public library....thru
inter-library loan.  Or if in my case....you simply go to the university library
and
get real cozy with a xerox machine.

As for the gentle who is squeamish about making copies for a class.....
it is perfectly legal to make a copy to distrubute - as long as one does not
intend to profit from it.  If your that squeamish, then basically all one has to
do is to sit down and write a short letter to the publisher requesting fornal
permission to make copies for your class.  I have never been turned down yet.

then again, if the book one is copying from is out of print, the whole ballgame
changes.  and the law allows you many freedoms....otherwise denied in the
original copyright law.
hugs....aine who likes xerox machines.