Fake intestines (was: SC - Re: Illusion food)

Meliora & Drake meliora at macquarie.matra.com.au
Mon Oct 13 21:45:25 PDT 1997

>Am I understanding you correctly in that you have tried this recipie? How
>did it turn out? I have the "Thousand eggs...", and have this vision of a
>huge platter of "intestines" being carried in for dessert. Or a marsipan (?)
>stag, filled with "guts" made from this...

I did this recipe out of Cindy Renfrow's wonderful book and found that they
indeed look like intestines or dog doo-doo.  I also used proper Ale from my
brewing stocks instead of just beer as the hops make the batter taste
bitter.  I delivered these tasty haslets to a local Ball and toddled off
home to look after my sick wife.  The feast steward didn't like the look of
them and promptly cut them up (against my strict instructions) into bite
sized pieces because she didn't like the look of them, and ruined the entire
effect of the dish.  This was after I spent 3 nights with a strong needle
and linen thread sewing the food pieces onto strings.  Damn near broke my
Heart.....

Drake Morgan,
Lochac.