SC - Beer-dregs

Lark Miller lucilla at ponyexpress.net
Tue Oct 14 13:46:11 PDT 1997

The yeast really isn't dead as much as dormant because it has no more sugar
to eat and so "dies" and falls to the bottom.  The introduction of more
sugar would reactivate the yeast and some people do start their next batch
of beer on top of the old batch.  My husband has not attempted it yet but
we are still fairly new to brewing and don't want to waste a batch yet
experimenting.

Lucilla