SC - candied fruit peel

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Oct 13 12:33:21 PDT 1997

At 12:48 AM +0000 10/9/97, Mark Harris wrote:
>Hildegarde asked in referance to candied fruit peels
>
>>Does anyone have documentation for this within period?  I have it filed
>>as 'perioid' (might be period).

There is a recipe for this in Hugh Platt's _Delights for Ladies_ from
around 1600 ("orange pills", if I remember correctly) which is in
Cariadoc's collection v. 1.  Alys Katherine of the Middle Kingdom has done
a lot of work with late period confectionary and could probably give you
more sources.

Elizabeth of Dendermonde/Betty Cook