SC - Re: Illusion food)

Kathleen M Everitt kathe1 at juno.com
Tue Oct 14 18:56:06 PDT 1997

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997 15:23:55 +1000 Meliora & Drake
<meliora at macquarie.matra.com.au> writes:

>Eek.  Not sure that's required.  Has anyone else got horror stories of
>lovingly prepared dishes destroyed at someone elses hands at Feasts?
>
>Drake.

Yeah, but it was an accident. Many years ago, I made facacio on site for
about 125 people for a friend's event. He said the site had a couple of
big pizza ovens. I spent all day making batch after batch of bread dough,
because I have arthritis and can't knead more than one batch at a time. I
think I made 10 batches all together, got them spread out on these big
pizza pans that just fit the ovens, brushed with olive oil and sprinkled
with rosemary, then I gave the cook instructions on how to cook them and
went out to set places for my family for the feast. I got to talking to
people and didn't get back into the kitchen for a while. Another of the
cooks came looking for me. Seems one of the two "pizza" ovens was
actually a broiler. Rosemary flavored charcoal, anyone?

Julleran