SC - re: feastocrat vs. head cook

Robert Newmyer rnewmyer at epix.net
Wed Oct 15 19:23:18 PDT 1997

	I don't mind the term "autocrat" because it is a a real word and is kind
of tongue-in-cheek. However "feastocrat" fits in with a list of made-up SCA
terms I don't care for, i.e. democrat(demo coordinator), servocrat(hall
steward). I've always used head cook. To the gentle that asked what we
should call those in charge of breakfast, lunch and feast when they are
different individuals, I suggest breakfast cook, lunch cook and feast cook.

	I'll post a description of my "horror story" soon. We lost the feast hall
and kitchen the day before Eastern Crown Tourney several years ago. For
Easterners, this was the Crown Tourney that brought Ruslan and Margaret to
the Throne. The event went off as planned and four of us received "Burdened
Tigers" for our efforts. To do it justice will require a page or two,
especially as the autocrat of this event, Octa Bluetooth, passed away
recently.

	Adamantius, I attended the event where your lady surprised you with an
award (was it a "Maunche") several years ago in New Jersey. A great bit of
court business.

						     Griffith Allt y Genlli
                                         Bob Newmyer
                                         rnewmyer at epix.net
                                         http://www.epix.net/~rnewmyer

"Ahh said 'Pay Attention, Son!'  All the good ones are whizzin'
   right past ya!"  -- Foghorn Leghorn, the Senior Rooster