Freaking them out (was: SC - Re- Illusion food))

Tyrca at aol.com Tyrca at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 08:22:31 PDT 1997

All these people dreaming of large subtleties in Marzipan . . . (sigh)
 That's a lot of almonds!! I have seen subtleties in bread, covered with
icing, and with detailed features in Marzipan.  I also was privileged to
witness a particularly spectacular subtlety in Drachenwald.  At Visby week in
1989, Master Confecticus came out with a Dragon and presented it to the
Baron, with an elaborate story of its hunt and capture, but sadly, the dragon
was not quite dead.  He asked the Baron to humanely kill it as it was
suffering.  The Baron immediately pulled out his sword, and severed the head,
at which point "blood" flowed from its veins.  The dragon was 12 layers of
cake with coffee buttercreme frosting, and the "blood" was grape jelly,
melted.  It was delicious.  We do not always have to rely on marzipan!

Tyrca