SC - Bidding on Aoife

Jasper Fieth cem8780 at omega.uta.edu
Sat Oct 18 23:52:07 PDT 1997

On Fri, 17 Oct 1997, Mike C. Baker wrote:
> --- Esko (Jasper Fieth, <cem8780 at omega.uta.edu>) wrote:
> > On Wed, 1 Oct 1997 LrdRas at aol.com wrote:
> > > << Aoife, no longer a cute, buxom young thing, but now
> > >  worth way more than 1 bag of hard, salty pretzels! >>
> > > Depends on your perspective of what beauty is, m'lady.
> > > How about 2 bags of pretzels and a few yards of slik? :-)
> > > Lord Ras
> > Milord,
> > I've had occasion to speak to gentles who have sampled
> > her cooking. Four bags of pretzels, a bolt of good cloth,
> > half a cow, and a keg of mead.
>  Esko,
> I had hoped that someone *else* would top your bid. (If you, my
> friend, are willing to bid *that* much, considering recent purchases
> in your household...)

But sir, i' t'was such a good knife, I could hardly pass it up...
[Shameless plug for Mike -- his stuff is nice!]

> Let's make that a BARREL of pretzels, a bolt of strong cloth, two
> cured hams, a small keg of mead and another of cyser...

I want to see this barrel of pretzels...

A WAGONLOAD of pretzels, two bolts of cloth (one strong one fair), a side
of beef and another of venison, four hams (three cured, one sick), a large
keg of beer, a small pot of mulled cider, and a bottle of me finest
Reindeer Tea.

> Next? Who would we be delivering this bounty to, BTW?

How about to Aoife as a bribe to do a feast? I seem to have one coming up
in April all of a sudden...

Esko