SC - vegetarian dish help please

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Oct 20 01:30:01 PDT 1997

At 8:36 PM -0400 10/19/97, Robert Beaulieu wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>        I am preparing a small medieval home feast (about 12 persons)
>and I
>desperately need help...
>
>        I need about 3 different recipes that are period, that would be
>main
>dishes for vegetarians, that would be both a pealing and side dishes  to
>non vegetarians, and yet would not be overfilling for those that would
>eat it along with meat...

The Andalusian Dish of Lentils in the _Miscellany_ qualifies. The eggplant
pancakes probably do. The various pasta a cheese dishes (Losynges, Macrows,
etc.) do if your vegetarians will eat cheese. So does Fried Dish of Broad
Beans.

I think all of them are in the webbed version of the _Miscellany_,
reachable from my web page.

David Friedman
Professor of Law
Santa Clara University