SC - fresh eggs

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Oct 20 06:16:36 PDT 1997

Mark Harris wrote:

> Huh? You must not cook them too fresh? Everyone always talks about
> how fresh their produce is etc. This would never have occured to me.
> But then I've never had a chance to get really fresh eggs. So, why
> would you not want your eggs as fresh as you can get them?

Ever see one of those hardboiled eggs that looks as if it's been peeled
by a small terrier? A bit ragged? That effect is caused by cooking eggs
that are so fresh that no air space has had time to develop between the
shell and the membrane inside, which is one of the  things that causes
the egg to get torn up while peeling...

Adamantius