SC - Knives: was Cook Look-alikes

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Oct 20 07:19:19 PDT 1997

Louise Sugar wrote:

> Where were you able to find Sabatiers?  I have been trying to replace my 6"
> for years and no one seems to carry them anymore

I can get them at J.B. Prince in New York City. I believe they do mail
order. I'm not sure if Sabatier still makes carbon steel knives. You
might have to settle for the somewhat inferior high-carbon stainless.
Mine are ancient carbon steel Sabatiers that I commandeered from my
wife, who used them until they were dull, and then went out and bought
some kinda Wilkinson crappos that supposedly sharpen themselves in their
little sheaths. My wife said that I could have the Sabatiers if I could
sharpen and use them, so I did. I do let her use them now, though.
Sometimes. If she's good. She lets me use her Chinese cleaver under
similar circustances. That, she keeps sharp.

J.B. Prince Company, Inc. are at 29 West 38th Street (7th floor, IIRC)
New York, NY 10018. (212) 302-8611, FAX (212) 819-9147.

I believe I have seen a catalogue of theirs, so I assume they do mail
order. Wonderful place.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com