SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #374

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Oct 21 00:13:01 PDT 1997

At 12:04 PM -0400 10/20/97, Robert Beaulieu wrote:
>I found 2 recipes,
>        Enjoy...
>

>Here is a recipe I found in David D. Friedman's Home Page
>(http://www.best.com/~ddfr/)

>Armored Turnips (64 people)
>
>Platina book 8

>Rapes Armate
>

>Make to cook the turnips under the (brascia), or boil it whole and
>(sane), and cut it in slices great

>Here is an other recipe I found in Cariadoc's Miscellany
>http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cariadoc/miscellany.html
>

>Armored Turnips
>
>Platina book 8

Since I (with my lady wife) am responsible for all of these, I thought I
would explain why there are multiple recipes.  The first and third are from
Platina. The second is my translation of the corresponding recipe from
Martino, who seems to have been Platina's source.

I think the reason there are two redacted versions is that one is from a
dinner we did in Myrkfaelinn a few years ago, and the other is from the
Miscellany.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/