SC - Re: Pickled egg recipes -- BEETS?

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Wed Oct 22 06:11:26 PDT 1997

>       Please! It still sounds interesting---and the bit above doesn't
> really
> sound all that bad. *It* makes me think that they are using the
> various items
> to remove all the natural flavors from the syrup. Those flavors might
> not be
> bad--just not the "flavorless" sugar we expect. Or they again, they
> might be
> a trifle unpleasant.......... Anyone out there sampled sugar beets?
> And we
> still haven't come up with very solid evidence that they are
> period..........
> Any luck on that, Jon?
>
> Ldy Diana

sugar beets taste like regular beets, note the name beta vulgar., have
you ever given thought to making birch sugar? you treat birch sap like
maple sap and condense ethe bejesus out of it. You can also dry honey
out and powder it.
I think the perid form of beet is the mangel-worzel, it is this big ugly
football like thing that is also known as a feed beet. I haave also seen
seeds for yellow beets in the gurney's catalogue[i think it was that
one, but it was a few years ago.]

margali