SC - Honey Apples

Steve Geppert emster at alaska.net
Wed Oct 22 23:47:33 PDT 1997

If you have the Joy of Cooking, it's in the fruits section.  Recipe is
simply 1 cup honey, 1/2 cup vinegar.  Heat to a simmering bubble
(boil?).  Pare, core, and thinly slice your apples.  Drop apples a few
at a time in the simmering mixture and take them out when transparent.
Serve chilled, hot or as a dessert with cream.  I put them out
separately on the dinner table, but all of us ended up putting them on
the broiled pork chops.  Yum.

Lady Clare