SC - winter

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Thu Oct 23 08:59:05 PDT 1997

                      RE>>SC - winter                              10/23/97

Somebody say something happy. We have a freeze warning out for tonight
(Southeastern PA), so I went out and cut all my herbs and hung them up todry.
The kitchen smells great, but I always find bringing my herbs in before a
freeze to be depressing. It means winter is really coming and we can't avoid
it.
Sigh.
Julleran
<snip>
Ah, but you *have* a kitchen, and it is hung with things *you*  grew- now
while it is cold and snowy outside you can sit in you kitchen with a warm
cuppa (tea, toddy, nog) or something else yummy, and enjoy that the weather is
cold outside, and you are warm inside.
- -brid
(In Calif., where winter means rain, and this year El Nino, and whose home is
not weather tight- packing up her fabric and books to put them in storgage so
they won't be lost to water damage)