SC - Re: 'o-crats

Kathleen M Everitt kathe1 at juno.com
Thu Oct 23 19:16:24 PDT 1997

>I think it's part of a move to dump the "------- o crat" designation.
>Is
>pretty silly, when you think about it. Autocrat, feastocrat,
>merchantocrat,
>trashocrat, etc. Seems like any time anyone wants to designate a new
>position, it's "-----ocrat". As a chirurgeon, I really would prefer
>not to
>be called a "first-aidocrat".
>
>Phlip
>----

How about "warm-up-ocrat" for putrid? Honest. At an event I did last
summer, we only served lunch and I cooked all of it ahead of time. I was
teaching that morning, so one of the squires volunteered to cut up, heat
up and serve up the food. I was willing to call him the "feastocrat" -
however awful it is, it's still the accepted local appellation - but one
of our members hit the roof and said he hadn't made the feast and
promptly started calling him the "warm-up-ocrat". Arrrrrrgh!

Julleran