SC - winter

Aine of Nowhere sybella at gte.net
Fri Oct 24 01:46:19 PDT 1997

marilyn traber wrote:

> > As I have oft said, Trimarans be weenies. I walk about in this "cold"
> > weather in short sleeves and shorts. That is as in outside in the
> > cold.
> >
> > Esko of Ansteorra, Finn for life
> >

> I grew up in Thescorre[Perry, New York.] In the 'southern tier' of
> western New York, we got the FULL benefit of the Buffalo Weather belt. I
> remember sledding out of our 3d floor window, and hollowin out the 2 1/2
> storey snowdrift into a mega fort and playing Tolkien elf in the mines
> of moria with my brother. I now live in BBM[Canterbury, CT] and get the
> mail in my bare feet ant scrubs all winter long. IMHO, they dont have
> winter here. And in Virginia, I almost never wore a coat.
> margali

I grew up in Trimaris and moved to Colorado in the dead of winter....talk about
shock Miami to Denver in 4 hours...70 degrees----->22 below.

I have noticed one big difference, the cold down here is a damp cold that seems
to go right thru you not at all like the weather out there.
Down here my bourbon balls are nice sticky and moist after threee weeks.
Out there, 5 days and they are wrist rocket material, hard as rocks.
down here the water comes out of the faucet cool, there snow melt, and
icee cold....

I admit to whining about the cold down here,  I have already put on my flannel
sheets and checked out the furnace, ordered kerosene and dug out my winter
booties.  I hate florida cold, all two weeks of it.....but that is the only time
of the year that I can wear my mink jacket...out west I lived in it...underneath
my down
everything.
Florida at 50 degrees was Steamboat at minus 10......the difference was the
humidity, the lack of....
aine who think winter should be banned....