SC - medieval "spam"?

Gedney, Jeff (Xton) Gedney at executone.com
Fri Oct 24 06:00:58 PDT 1997

> From: Bronwynmgn at aol.com
> Subject: Re: SC - medieval "spam"?

	<Snipped>
> You may have my share.  Spam is one of the things I can't stand.  That
> and
> chocolate and coffee.
>
> Brangwayna

Dear Lady,
For the life of me, I could not see going a day without Chocolate and
Coffee...
I am truly addicted.   As for Pan Fried Spam, it is an infrequent
pleasure, to be sure, but one I enjoy, nae the less.
But to topic, is there a possibility that a "Spam-like food" could have
existed as a kind of spiced pork pate'?  When DID pate' come into
general cuisine?
I seem to remember it being used for food sculpture in France, during
the early Renaissance...
Does anyone have any references, fer or agin, this remembrance (as error
prone as my memory is!)

Brandu