SC - Grow your own AMERICAN Chestnuts!

Ron and Laurene Wells tinyzoo at vr-net.com
Sat Oct 25 13:51:06 PDT 1997

>When I was a kid, we used to roast chestnuts on the fire. Nowadays, so many
>of the chestnut trees have died due to disease and pollution, It's almost
>impossible to find them. I wish you well.
>
>Phlip

If you would like to replenish the population of dwindling Chestnut trees,
you can order True AMERICAN Chestnut trees from this Nursery:

Oregon Exotics
1065 Messinger Road
Grants Pass, OR  97527
541-846-7578

The American Chestnut is guaranteed to arrive blight free, about 2'-3' tall.
They are $5 each, catalog number #N089

Or you can order your own catalog (FASCINATING plants, mushroom, trees, and
other edible flora in this catalog!) for $4.00 - many pictures, and chock
full of information!  You're free to tell them that Laurene Wells told you
about them, though I don't think it will do me any good.  I just love
reading their catalog!

- -Laurene