SC - Bruise Ointment

Robert Newmyer rnewmyer at epix.net
Sun Oct 26 19:42:13 PST 1997

I have Compleat Anachronist #27 in front of me. This is a rather involved
preparation using:
arnica flowers, comfrey root powder, St John's Wort flowers, witch-hazel
leaves, black willow bark, alcohol and olive oil
(no tansy - probably a good thing if it's an abortifacient)
(Rodale Encyc. of Herbs - used by Amer. Ind. to induce abortion, contains
same toxin as wormwood - thujone)
If no one else has a text file copy, I'll type it up and post it to the
list.

						     Griffith
                                         Bob Newmyer
                                         rnewmyer at epix.net
                                         http://www.epix.net/~rnewmyer

"Ahh said 'Pay Attention, Son!'  All the good ones are whizzin'
   right past ya!"  -- Foghorn Leghorn, the Senior Rooster