SC - Coriander vs. cilantro

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Oct 28 04:44:15 PST 1997

<< Does anyone out there have a period recipe for cilantro?  I've seen
coriander
 used, but not cilantro.  >>

Cariadoc's "The Bhagdad Cookery Book" is filled with recipes using coriander,
both green and seeds, as well as the jucie from the plant. Indeed it is
difficult to find a period recipe that does NOT contain cilantro.

A better question would be <does anyone out there have a period recipe from
the barbarous Europeans the uses cilantro as an ingredient?>   :-)

<blinking innocently as I adjust my turban>

Ras