Re- SC - medieval "spam"?

Stephanie Rudin rudin at okway.okstate.edu
Tue Oct 28 15:31:01 PST 1997

The lye could have been an unconscious reference to pickling - sweet
pickles are made by first soaking the cukes in lye water.

Mercedes

Subject: Re: Re- SC - medieval "spam"?
Author:  <sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG > at SMTP
Date:    10/26/97 10:28 PM

<<
 Not quite sure where lye enters into any of this, but there are more
 things in Heaven and Earth, etc.

 Adamantius    >>

I will willingly admit that I was wrong about the lye, and probably had
switched it for the saltpeter in my addled brain.  Thanks so much for your
wise information, O great one in the Cathedral.

Tyrca