SC - Onion Soup

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Oct 31 05:01:22 PST 1997

HARTMAN, NOREEN O wrote:

> I'll start saving my lettuce scraps for
> my next stock pot.   It probably wouldn't go too bad in a chicken stock
> either.

Lettuce cooked with chicken broth has an ancient and honorable heritage
in the cuisines of France, Italy, and much of Asia. I think you'd be
more likely to find it in the form of lettuce added to chicken stock to
make a soup, rather than as an ingredient of the stock itself, but it is
a marvelous combination: sweet but not too powerful.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com