SC - Documentation

Stephen Bloch sbloch at adl15.adelphi.edu
Thu Oct 2 12:42:22 PDT 1997

> Christi Redeker 9/23/97 10:13 AM
>
> >How does everyone present documentation for their feasts?  Do you add it
> >as an addendum to the menu or do you offer it at all?

I guess we had an unfair advantage in presenting documentation for our
last feast: my wife and I are the local Chronicler and Webmaster
respectively, so we just put the menu and ingredients in the newsletter
and the web page a few weeks in advance.

I prefer not to think of a feast menu as "documentation", in the sense
of proving that what I'm serving is period.  But I want to let the
diners know what's coming, in particular ingredients that some may be
unable/unwilling to eat.  I favor posting the menu at the check-in table
(aka "troll booth"), and having a herald announce each dish (sans
detailed ingredient list) as it is served.

					mar-Joshua ibn-Eleazar ha-Shalib
                                                 Stephen Bloch
                                           sbloch at panther.adelphi.edu
					 http://www.adelphi.edu/~sbloch/