SC - Re- pickles

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Thu Oct 2 23:11:49 PDT 1997

Back on Wed., Sept. 24 brid asked:

>So no pickles other than compost?

Yes, pickling food has been discussed here and on the Rialto before. You
might want to look at some of the comments and recipes in this file in
the FOOD section of Stefan's Florilegium:

pickled-food-msg  (34K)  8/20/97    Medieval pickled food. recipes.

Until I saw these conversations, I thought pickling something was what
you did to just cucumbers and I thought it was all the identical process.
I'm always interested in more info on pickled medieval foods, although
some of them I'm unlikely to try. At least the Europeans didn't do
anything like Korean Kimchee as far as I know.

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com