SC - Cormarye

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Oct 3 12:34:27 PDT 1997

Michael F. Gunter wrote:

> Hmmm! What source is Cormarye from? It sounds like it would be a perfect first
> course for my 12th Night feast.  If I can get pork butt fairly inexpensively
> I think it would be wonderful for the "Commoners Course".
>
> Yers,
>
> Gunthar

Curye on Inglysche --

"IV. The Forme of Cury, #54:
Cormarye. Take colyaundre, caraway smale grounden, powdour of peper and
garlec ygrounde, in rede wyne; medle alle 6ise togyder and salt it. Take
loynes of pork rawe and fle of the skyn, and pryk it wel with a knyf,
and lay it in the sawse. Roost it whan 6ou wilt, & kepe 6at 6at fallith
6erfro in the rostyng and see6 it in a possynet with faire broth, &
serue it forth wi6 6e roost anoon."

I see this as a marinated roast, with the marinade and the pan juices
made into a sauce with additional broth. It might be the ultimate
fighter's dish.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com