SC - Buried Foods (was - Composte)

Mon Oct 6 06:40:34 PDT 1997

Re Eggs, Adamantius wrote:
  You can also store them in a solution of sodium silicate, I think it is.
  This is essentially a clear syrup of some relatively inert chemical,
  which probably does the same thing as vaseline, except you don't need to
  take the time to coat them. You just immerse them. Same principle, I
  guess.

sodium silicate noun
    Any of various water-soluble silicate glass compounds used as a
    preservative for eggs, in plaster and cement, and in various
    purification and refining processes. Also called soluble glass,
    water glass.

I gather you dip them, and let the solution harden.  I didn't think you
stored them in the solution.

	Tibor