SC - Saunders

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Oct 7 16:48:13 PDT 1997

<< 5)  How does one get saunders?  I know (or at least think I do) that
 it (they?) come/s from sandalwood, but how do you isolate it?

 Thanks

 Cairistiona >>

There are two types of sandalwood- yellow and red.

The wood of the yellow sandalwood is very aromatic and is used in the
porduction of accessories and is ground into a powder that is used in the
production of some incenses.

The wood of the red sandalwood is not aromatic and is used for furniture
among other things. It's powdered form is the substance we know as saunders .

Hopes this helps,

Ras