SC - Salmon at feasts

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Wed Oct 8 22:53:11 PDT 1997

> , and made individual dumplings with a pastry bag. We poached
> them in salmon stock, made from the remains of the salmon (being SURE
> remove the gills, and any fat on the carcasses), and served them
> floating on top of a green sauce of salmon stock, malt vinegar,
> parsley,
> sorrel, and a few fresh bread crumbs.
>
> While not exactly a direct comment on the fish, somebody saw fit to
> rise
> and regale the folks in the hall with an impromptu recitation of the
> tale of Finn Mac Coul and the Salmon of Knowledge. I thought that was
> pretty cool... .
>
> Adamantius

Sounds great. I learned to grab a handful of pureed goo and 'extrude'
sort of crescents of forcemeat, but it has been years since i have done
it. My roomates are amazed at the turkey meatball fake roman soup I
make, I take a lb of ground turkey, an egg, a tbsp worchestershire sauce
and a cup of italian seasoned breadcrumbs. I put a bag of frozen italian
veggies in 1/2 gal chicken stock, bring to a good simmer and roll the
meatballs small and directly into the pot. By the time I wash my hands,
the mixing bowl, and get out the dishes the soup is pretty much done.
Ela[sed time, 15 minutes.

margali