SC - Small Feasts

barbara at mail.topher.net barbara at mail.topher.net
Thu Oct 9 17:47:32 PDT 1997

>From Adamantius:

>I'd be interested in other accounts of very small feasts, i.e. why
>they were so small and how people handled that.

Our shire had it's first real event on the Kingdom Schedule for a
week-end in June.  We were very excited to get the date that we
wanted because our site was on a lake and June in Texas on a lake it
the best time to be here.  Unfortunatly it was also the first year of
Gulf War, the week-end after in fact.

We cooked for 75 people, thinking that surely we could get that many
locals to come out, and it turned out we had about 10.  There were
not enough fighters to do a list or even a fight practice, so we sat
around talking, telling stories, singing, and eating and eating and
eating.  It was not a memorable feast for it's periocidy or it
quality, but by God no one was hungry at the end of the day!!!

Alys
Black Oak Keep