SC - competition

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Fri Oct 10 08:53:05 PDT 1997

> I, personally, would hate to do this as a competition.  I would like to
> keep it by cooks, for cookss (and maybe a few royals) and friendly,
> comradely, and also at a level where those of us who are not experts can
> still participate- perhaps even WITH the guidance of some of you more
> experienced cooks- I don't want to 'win' or be judged, I want to enjoy.
> Then, again, it's not really up to me-this was not originally my idea,
> nor was it a potluck.
> Ras suggested a feast to end all feasts, someone else came up with, and
> offered to 'host' (I read "organize") a potluck, and it is now looking
> like a competition, either between kingdoms, or individual cooks. Are we
> talking about 3 different events, or has it all changed to a
> competition, now- say it ain't so!
> Aine of Wyvernwood wrote:

I don't usually post an entire commentary but I agree with everything Good Aine
says. Even though it's fun to tweak each other, the ideal of this list is that
we're a family who bonds and learns from each other.

A communal pot-luck/display to the Knowne Worlde is terrific. Competition
amongst ourselves is defeating. Showing off for each other is wonderful, maybe
even cooking, teaching, giving guidance. If we get together let's do it in the
spirit of comraderie, not competition.

Just another opinion.

Yers,

Gunthar