SC - Re: below the salt)

Kathleen M Everitt kathe1 at juno.com
Fri Oct 10 20:12:16 PDT 1997

>> Basically, I'm looking for dishes with major "OOOHHH!" factor...
>any and all suggestions would be welcome.
>>
>> 	- kat  (who wishes she COULD attend Gulf Wars, or Pennsic,
>or....)

How about a cockentrice? Not my idea. Local Count, noted for his love of
eating, suggested it for my above the salt. Or a peacock. Steppes Twelfth
Night back in '82 served one at head table. I have no idea what it really
was - a peacock or some sort of subtlety, but it had all the peacock's
feathers, including the tail. I have a picture of it, but I never did
find out what it was.

Julleran