SC - Illusion Foods Challenge

Kathleen M Everitt kathe1 at juno.com
Sun Oct 12 19:24:06 PDT 1997

On Sun, 12 Oct 1997 10:01:38 -0500 (CDT) alysk at ix.netcom.com (Elise
Fleming ) writes:

>From what I have seen, illusion foods recreated real
>foods with a surprise.  You really _might_ stuff an egg shell with
>custard and cook it to set.

>Alys Katharine

Okay. I saw this recipe in one of the new cookbooks I got this summer and
I was thinking about trying it. But how to you get enough egg shells
without killing yourself? I once tried blowing eggs out of shells and it
took me hours to do a half dozen and I almost died from
hyper-ventilation! :-) The recipe says patch the holes with flour and
water paste before baking, so I can't imagine that you could make the
holes all that big. Also, how do you then fill them up with custard? A
piping bag with a very small tip, maybe?

Help!?

Julleran