SC - Re:Bread swans

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt liontamr at ptd.net
Mon Oct 13 04:31:55 PDT 1997

>Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 22:24:06 EDT
>From: kathe1 at juno.com (Kathleen M Everitt)
>Subject: SC - Re: Illusion food
>
>On Sun, 12 Oct 1997 17:02:39 -0500 L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt
><liontamr at ptd.net> writes:
>
>>I used to make (back when Dawnfield in the East Kingdom existed) bread
>>swans
>>to hold butter or soft cheeses. They are similar to the puff pastry
>>swans,
>>less elegant but more durable (more inportantly, freezable), and they
>>get
>>completely eaten, so there's no dishes to wash!
>
>>Aoife
>>

>I like that idea. How does one make bread swans? Does it take artistic
>ability? Does it involve using a sharp object? Maybe I ought to get my
>Laurel husband to do something like that while I just cook. Lots safer,
>I'll bet.
>
>Julleran

You need an oval shaped piece of bread dough, and a thin S shaped piece of
bread dough. Bake them.

Slice the top of the oval loaf. Slice that in half to form wings. Scoop out
the innards of the loaf. Fill with butter or soft cheese. Insert your
s-shaped neck. Put the wings in at an angle. Voila, a swan!

Enjoy

Aoife