SC - Re: vege pate OOP

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Mon Oct 13 13:43:52 PDT 1997

                      RE>vege pate OOP                             10/13/97

I am at work so this isn't perfect... but then I cook chaotically anyways
(*ooh* add sumathat, yum), and fudge the measurements anyway.  But since I got
asks from the mention, basically:

almond mushroom pate:
1/2 lb blanched almonds
1/2 lb mushrooms (I usually go for the brown, and maybe add a smidge of
fancier ones for flavor)
1 medium onion
a couple cloves garlic or to taste
salt and pepper to taste
smidge of other herbs/spices to taste, but not too much the almond mushroom
carries well on its own
splish of sherry (a bit smaller than a splash ;) )

saute the mushrooms, onions and garlic with the seasoning and sherry in a
little butter or olive oil, until well cooked- *don't* let it burn!  a bit of
good bacon or pancetta fat is good too, if you are just going for avoiding
liver, and not totally vegetarian.  Grind the almonds as fine as you can-
reserve a couple spoonfuls a little course.  Process the mushroom mix until
smooth.  Mix the  almonds and mushroom together thoroughly- mix in the courser
smidge of almonds for texture.
vwa- la!
divine on buttered toast!
Anybody got any non-liver pate recipes that are period?
- -brid
(sorry, I just don't like liver ;P )