SC - Fruitcake/Plum pudding (WAS: Roman Cheese Cake)

Tue Oct 14 09:25:14 PDT 1997

  I believe that was me, but what I was referring to was Pannetone, which
  is a yeast cake with butter (possibly whole eggs or yolks too, but I'm
  not sure of this) and dried or candied fruit kneaded in to the dough. I
  don't believe there is much sugar in the dish except for what is added
  by the fruit itself. I'm not aware of a chocolate version, although that
  might be worth looking into on a personal level...;  )

Pannetone.  Ahhh.

Yes, (going on memory) it has eggs in it.  I have made a version with
chocolate chips, from the "Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Book" (or
something like that).  It's a very nice recipe, but it took about 6 hours to
prepare.

	Tibor