SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #355

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Oct 14 17:43:19 PDT 1997

DUNHAM Patricia R wrote:

> Now before anyone gets offended, it was the Prince of An Tir, referring
> to himself (one Sir Edward Zifran, Viscount Gendy... yes, him!) and the
> King of the West (Andrew of Riga), who was going to be visiting
> dignitary -- who came up with this glorious appelation!
>
> What Edward wasn't expecting was Viscountess Gwendolyn's sense of humor.

It's great when you can zing Sir Edward. He's so used to being the
zing-er in these situations that when he is the victim he's utterly
unprepared.

A month or so ago I happened to be sitting near him, watching a
tournament, while, nearby, a local Mistress of the Laurel (Costuming,
FWIW) conducted some kind of order business. She was dressed in some
kind of late-period Northern European garb (garb not being my area of
specialization, especially late-period), of a rather severe black, with
a dazzling white ruff.

She then rose, rather stiffly and without a word, and quite carefully,
with two hands, put on a pair of black wrap-around sunglasses.

As Edward and I watched this, I whispered to him, "Look! A Laurel in
Black!...'Are you sure that's all you can tell me about this gentle's
cross-stitching, ma'am? Thank you very much. Now would you mind looking
into this medallion for a moment?' "

I swear those pretzels shot at least six feet from his nose in a
straight line...he then went and borrowed the shades for the rest of the
event, and had people stare into HIS medallion.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com