SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #354

Jasper Fieth cem8780 at omega.uta.edu
Tue Oct 14 22:05:45 PDT 1997

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> As far as wines are concerned, I've been extremely gratified by the news
> that there has been a great upsurge in the New York State wine industry.
> Until quite recently most NY wines were kind of joke. Wine connoisseurs
> used to say that for wines from the Finger Lakes region, they knew which
> finger was being referred to. Recently, though, the wines of several
> Long Island wineries have been kicking both French and Californian butt
> in the various competitions.
>
> Adamantius

As an ex of the region, could I ask your opinion of some good NYS wines?
What I had had in the past reminded me too much of motor oil and brine, so
I had stopped sampling them for years... if there is some good, please to
suggest?

Esko Sola

***
Do not trifle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.