SC - Re: A couple questions . . .

Thu Oct 16 05:53:59 PDT 1997

  Lavender & by the way Bay Leaves also have been used in wine making and
  brewing since The Closet of Kenelm Digby, Kt., Opened, which was published
  post mortem by his son in 1677.  Putting it pretty close to period.

If three generations is "close".

Research by a friend of mine (who happens to be A&S Minister of the East, so
she's no lightweight) has shown that Digby changed a lot of the technology
of brewing in his time: inventing the strong bottle, and so forth.

I like Digby: it's an easy to use and read source.  But I don't consider it
period.  YMMV

	Tibor