SC - Parent from Hell (was Children From Hell

Aine of Wyvernwood sybella at gte.net
Thu Oct 16 13:55:44 PDT 1997

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> << did the parents ever show up and apologize for thier little terror?
>
>  If the parents didn't, then maybe that explains the behavior of the child.
>
>  >aine
>
>  Derdriu
>   >>

> Nope. If you knew the parent you would understand the child. :-0
>
> Ras

now that is really sad.   Parents and kids like that is what makes it hard for
those of us who _do_ make our kids behave.   People only remember the rotten
haflings and forget about the good ones.
It is very, very important to me that my kids mind their manners and make a good
impression in public.  For in the world in which I was reared, it is a
reflection on my parenting skills.
I was very fortunate that I grew up in a large extended southern family, and
for some odd reason I actually listened to my elders advice.  I am still not
sure why, but I did.   It worked, and I added a few tricks of my own.

Like now, the middle child needs to bring his grades up....so, NO one but me
can use the computer until he does.  His 13yr old sister is livid, makes him
do his homework the minute he steps in the door....she is more of a tyrant than
me.   His elder brother [by 12 yrs]  checks the homework.......
aine