SC - Small Feasts-'unplanned' LONG

Tyrca at aol.com Tyrca at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 09:41:07 PDT 1997

<<
 Not everything is used, each time. The 'just in case' basket keeps, and
 I just restock what I need to & have it ready.  Also, if there is no
 time to pick up food, 'the basket' is already ready, & aside from very
 high sodium content, makes a fine picnic on it's own. If you like the
 idea, try it- I'd love to drop by YOUR camp, too!  Also, if anyone has
 any ideas for items that are convenient and keep well to add, please let
 me know- always looking for new stuff.
 Hugs & Pinches, Angelique. >>

I usually end up feeding the poor unfortunates that can't seem to find mother
(you know, heavy weapons fighters, lost squires, newbies who brought a
sleeping bag and a case of beer, but nothing else . . .)  I really enjoy
joking people comfortable.  My camping food box has peanut butter (my son
will not live without it) and a squeeze bottle of jelly, and instead of
bread, I get tortillas for the "have to eat" box.  My kids like vienna
sausages, and kipper snacks, and I usually have little smokies cocktail
weiners or smoked summer sausage for snacking, and for cooking into my
lentils.
    I used to bring more to the event, but found that not only did I not want
to spend most of the day cooking, my family didn't want to spend a lot of
time eating.  So I bring Capri-sun drink sacks and jello or pudding cups for
the kids, smuggle some chocolate along for me, and several kinds of cheese.
 If it is a little chilly in the mornings, we have hot chocolate with our
toasted tortillas cheese and sausage.  Not really complicated, not hard to
cook, and quick enough that my hungry family can sail off to the next
activity.

Tyrca