SC - Re- saffron

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Sun Oct 19 18:41:37 PDT 1997

Dragonfyr asked:

>any idea how long this stuff lasts...I just found a small metal tim (Ehlers)
>that I bought God knows how long ago

I believe this was covered in an article on this list recently. Try
this file in the PLANTS, SPICES and HERBS section of my Florilegium:

saffron-art       (16K)  8/11/97    How to buy and select saffron by Tony Hill.

For anyone interested in saffron and it's substitutes, this is a good article
to look at for other reasons, too.

My files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous