SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #374

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt liontamr at ptd.net
Mon Oct 20 04:45:08 PDT 1997

>Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 20:36:00 -0400
>From: Robert Beaulieu <robert.beaulieu at sympatico.ca>
>Subject: SC - vegetarian dish help please
>
>Greetings,
>
>        I am preparing a small medieval home feast (about 12 persons)
>and I
>desperately need help...
>
>        I need about 3 different recipes that are period, that would be
>main
>dishes for vegetarians, that would be both a pealing and side dishes  to
>non vegetarians, and yet would not be overfilling for those that would
>eat it along with meat...

How about stuff we've recently discussed, so that you should be able to look
back and  find the files:

Armored turnips
Tarte of Ryce
Cheese Goo (savory toasted cheese) on fresh bread

These all have the benefits of being make-ahead, re-heatable.

Then there's Leeks and Mushrooms
Baked Barley
Adamantius' creamed onion thingy

It sll works for me. If economy is a requirement along with skill levels, I
suggest:

Armored Turnips (use young, small ones, recipe appeared in latest version
about 2 weeks ago. This is basically baked turnip slices with melted cheese.
A casserole!)
Baked Barley (about a month ago the recipe appeared. Barley baked in
vegetarian stock, with veggies, etc)
And the Tarte of Ryce (Orange rice custard--possibly in a pie shell, your
call there. Recipe from last week, reasonably simple, from the Newcomer's
Redaction Challenge.)

HTH. You should be able to look over the last few weeks of messages for
these recipes.

>I know it could be asking a lot to this list, but I know that
>among you some are great experts (witch I am not.. And I do not know how to fix
>the problem I was put into...)

Well, I obviously don't rank right up there, but I can recognise a soul in
torment when I hear one.  Let me know what I can do, and I'll be glad to advise

Aoife