SC - SC- Basic Cookbooks

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Oct 20 08:24:21 PDT 1997

Varju at aol.com wrote:

> Can the good members of this list recommend any good, basic cookbooks?  Now
> that I've finally unpacked all of mine I realized that I don't own a basic
> cookbook.

The Joy of Cooking has been a big help over the years; if you want to
get one I suggest you do it soon, before the funky new 90's revisionist
yuppie edition comes out. Somewhat less comprehensive, but generally
slightly higher quality, is the James Beard Cookbook. Beard wrote
several cookbooks, of course, but only one with that title.

> Many thanks!
>
> Noemi
> who doesn't own any nice kitchen knives either

Are you trying to bring on some kind of attack? I'm pretty healthy, but
there's only so much shock and disappointment a person can stand ;  ) !

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com