SC - SC- Basic Cookbooks

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Mon Oct 20 07:48:49 PDT 1997

noemi,

my husband and i hve an ongoing argument about the best basic cookbook.
he insists on the better homes and gardens one, and i say the big red
betty crocker.  both are excellent.  but don't get them new!  go to a used
book store and buy one of the dozen copies they will have there.

your comment about knives reminded me that i need to buy some new ones.  i
am taking some new apprentices in november, and where some peers give
colored belts, i always give an apron and a really good knife as tokens of
the apprentice-mistress relationship.

elaina