SC - Re: Pickled egg recipes -- BEETS?

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Wed Oct 22 12:02:17 PDT 1997

<<
 This might depend on what trace impurities or additives might be present
 in the cane sugar your mother is allergic to, or if it is simply sucrose
 itself: chemically, beet and cane sugars are virtually identical forms
 of sucrose.

 On the other hand, I think you should be able to find granulated forms
 of fructose and/or maltose. Glucose, while a sugar, could cause you
 problems, in that it doesn't provide a noticeable sweetness, and
 overdoing it could cause severe problems.

 Adamantius

     She's allergic to the cane sugar it's self, but not the beet sugar, so
it's just the various impurities that cause the problems. She's had all the
alergy problems for twenty years, so we are fairly used to all the quirks of
the silly things....... ;-) She's used fructose in the past, but seems to
prefer going with honey or maple syrup. The beet sugar idea is more because I
think it would be fun, and a change of pace for her. But if I could find
documentation, it *would* be an unusuall A&S entry........ ;-)

  Ldy Diana