SC - Cannibals

Charles McCN charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Wed Oct 22 17:26:32 PDT 1997

When the first crusdae took Ma'arrat (spelling? - I reenact Normans, so I
don't need to know how to _spell_ these fancy foreign towns (if you
believe that, go read some more history)) The Franks roasted babies on
spits and ate them. I forget the primary sources. I think it may be
mentioned in Gesta Francorum Hierusalemitorum, and there is at least one
contemporary arabic source.

Charles