SC - chestnuts

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Wed Oct 22 18:10:25 PDT 1997

I said:
<< Thanks, I'll check at Central Market in December. >>

Ras replied:
Chestnuts are currently showing  up in some markets now. It would be wise to
call your market each week to see if they have arrived and a trip to  a local
farmers market would be advised also. Chestnut season is very short and the
early bird gets the worm.

I don't want the worm. I want some chestnuts. :-)  However, I did note Ras'
comment and called Central Market. They said they should start getting
fresh ones in next week.

Since farmer's markets are local produce, that is probably not going to
work down here in Austin, TX, at least for chestnuts.

Thanks for the caution, Ras. I probably would have missed this if I had
waited until December to look for them.

Stefan li Rous
mark_harris at email.sps.mot.com