SC - cuskynoles

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt liontamr at ptd.net
Sat Oct 25 13:17:29 PDT 1997

Thank-you, thank you, thankyou. I, like Gunther, am trying to get this
blessed dish up and running for our very first Baronial Investiture, hence
the whole discussion in the first place. This is a perfect dish for winter.
I still will fry/grill in butter. It's an ethnic bias. And, personally, I
feel the filling needs some cointreau or armagnac. But that's me. This
screams out "mincemeat" loud and clear.

You guys are geniuses. The idea of using wontons or fresh lasagne noodles is
INSPIRED! Now I know what direction to point my novices when we redact this
en masse in 2 weeks. I think we'll try one batch of each noodle type:
wonton, lasagne, home-made. Roll one sheet, add filling, top with another
sheet, divide in sections as read in the original, brown on a greased skilet
or pop under the grill (I will add my butter here for lube purposes, heretic
that I am), and voila!

>marilyn traber wrote:
>
>> why not use pasta equivalent to eggroll / wonton wrappers ? I fake
>> tortelloni with them and they boil up fine.
>
>Egg roll wrappers are a good choice, or, depending on where you are, you
>might be able to find fresh lasagna, which also usually comes in big
>sheets, rather than the strips found dried in the supermarket.
>
>Adamantius

By the way, Adamantius, have we actually seen your redaction yet, hmmmmmmm?
Details, man, we want details.;^D

Aoife, ducking the flying left hook. :^@ Yikes, that was close!