Re- SC - medieval "spam"?

Tyrca at aol.com Tyrca at aol.com
Sun Oct 26 18:32:05 PST 1997

In a message dated 97-10-26 06:05:17 EST, Admantius wrote:

<< The sour flavor you taste in things like corned beef and some
 salt pork is the acid produced by the bacteria in the brine. >>

Now I am confused.  I was under the impression that corned beef was soaked in
a weak lye solution to partially cook/preserve it.  Am I wrong?  I pastrami
almost the same thing?  All I know is what I find in preshrunk plastic wrap
in the supermarket.

Tyrca